Probably the most popular and easy breakfast in the world, EGG PANCAKES. It is easy and simple to make; I think there should be a new level below easy, making an egg pancake. I am going to share my version of a delicious pancake recipe. You only need a few basic ingredients, yeah! Just three or four. Egg and banana and flour(optional). That’s about it. Combine these two with some other side ingredients of your liking, and voila! That’s your pancake recipe.
Now, this might seem unbelievable to you, making pancakes with your mix. But trust me, it is the new buzz, and everybody loves this. Usually, some people out there are skeptical about pancake’s calories, and I understand their concern. This pancake recipe will answer all your questions about calories. The egg is the most fantastic way you can intake protein, and bananas are filled with so many vitamins essential for your body. You have heard bananas in pajamas, and now you will eat bananas in pancakes. This pancake recipe is a winner. Low carb and filled with vitamins and protein with no added sugar.
What Do I Need To Make These Egg Pancakes From Scratch?
Why do you buy pancakes mix from the supermarket? Just make your homemade pancake mix. It is better and money-saving, and you will see how easy it is. If you want can even make the batter the night before and keep it in the freezer. Next morning you can cook them in no less than 10 minutes. Now to make pancakes, you will need some equipment that should already be in your kitchen.
- Cast Iron or Non-Stick Skillet
- Spatula (Very Thin and Wide)
- A Bowl
- A Fork or A Whisk
Egg Pancake Ingredients (Essential):
- 2 Ripe Bananas Make sure it is ripe
- 2 Whole Large Eggs Free-range organic if possible
- As Needed Butter or Oil For Cooking I prefer butter
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder For helping them to rise
- 5-6 Tbsp Coconut flour/All-Purpose Flour
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
Optional Ingredients(You Can Add If You Like The Taste):
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Berries (Chopped)
How To Prepare The Pancake Batter:
- There is no absolute pancake batter recipe. You can experiment with your likings. You can add so many things that go well with these protein pancakes. I will share my personal favorite; of course, you can tweak a thing or two.
- Pick up a large bowl and throw in the bananas. With a fork, mash them until there are no or little lumps. It will not matter if there are some small bits. Add baking powder and vanilla extract and combine them until they are mixed well.
- Add eggs and mix them quite well until you see they are thoroughly mixed. And, you can use either a fork or a whisk.
- Now it is time for you to add the flour. But make sure you add the flour gradually. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and mix well. And be careful that the batter should not be too thin or too thick. Too thin will spread the batter; too thick will make the pancakes dry. So, add your flour cautiously. If the batter is too light for your liking, add flour. If it is too thick, add some milk to it.
How To Make Pancakes:
- After mixing the batter, you can cook immediately, or you can chill it in the freezer overnight.
- To make the pancakes, put a large skillet on medium heat. Add some butter and melt it. Add 3 tablespoon of batter to the pan and turn your gas to low. Cooking pancakes in low heat works better for me. Put the lid on after you pour the batter in. this will help the pancakes cook evenly.
- Slowly cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the bottom surface turns golden brown. When it turns golden brown, it is time to flip the pancake. This is the most interesting part. Place your spatula underneath the pancake and gently remove it from the skillet surface. Flip once and cook for another 2-3 minutes. And your homemade delicious egg pancakes are ready.
- To serve, you can use maple syrup or powdered sugar as the toppings. You can keep the cooked ones warm in the oven while you make the other ones.
- There are more than enough means you can experiment with your pancakes. You can try different types of chopped fruits, nuts, honey, or even chocolate chips.
- Do not rush while you cook—slow cook the pancakes to enjoy the best possible taste.
- And mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately beforehand to save some time.
- If you do not want any carb in your pancake, you can skip the flour and make the pancake simply with egg and banana.